Scoville Heat Units or SHU are used to categorize the Hotness of Chili. The higher number the more heat you wll generate when eating the Chili.
- Carolina Reaper – 1.569.000+ SHU
- Trinidad Morgua Scorpion – 1.400.000 SHU
- Naga Viper – 1.300.000 SHU
- Ghost Pepper / Bhut Jolokia – 1.000.000+ SHU
- Peach Ghost Scorpion – 1.000.000 SHU
- Dorset Naga – 960.000 SHU
- Yellow 7 pod – 800.000 SHU
- Red Habanero – 450.000 SHU
- Fatalii – 400.000 SHU
- Scotch Bonnet and Orange Habanero – 250.000 SHU
- Birds Eye Chili – 100.000 SHU
- Manzano – 50.000 SHU
- Super Chili – 40.000 SHU
- Cayenne Chili – 8000 SHU
- Serrano Chili – 15.000 SHU
- Bullit Chili – 8000 SHU
- Green Jalapeno – 3000 SHU
People react differently to the effect of Chili. Some people has destroyed their tastebuds and can handle much more SHU than others. People also react differently to pain. And Chili is absolutely causing this sweet pain!
Chili has always been used as an afrodisiac to spice up the lovelife and it has been known to help on sexual issues such as impotence or erectile dysfunction.